Pages

Monday 20 June 2016

Caffeine and the Walking Dead

Exhaustion.  There is no other word for it.

Yesterday after we were discharged, we drove to my sister's house to pick up Alexander's health card and to break up the drive home.  There were birthday veggie burgers, streamers, a dancing golden retriever, lot's of presents and of course cake and candles.  Alexander had a very nice birthday celebration, despite the chaos of discharge and long car rides.  The Ronald McDonald House even let him pick out a toy, before we left, from "the room that pirates leave toys in", in honour of his birthday.  This year's gifts seemed to centered around Star Wars, Lego and Dinosaurs.  We didn't get back home until after 7pm.  About 10 minutes after we got home, we received a call from the community nurse asking if she could come over for a consult.  It was close to 9pm before she left.  John and I both wanted to crash but Alex was having a hard time settling after all the excitement of the day.  It was closer to 9:30 before he was still.  Gideon woke up maybe twice last night and I'm sure my snoring kept John up most of the night.  This morning we had Physio and OT over and now the community nurse is on her way over.  I think I'm on my third cup of joe.

I just want to catch my breath- that or shower.  Hmmmm... breath or bathe?

Got to go, nurse is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment