Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Albert Has Been Called Home

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

The first thing Albert would want me to say is that Christ is his Lord and Saviour and he would want all of you to know about this amazing salvation too.  He would also want you to know that, like him, you can find hope and peace  in Christ.  Christ has overcome the world- Praise be to God.  There are very few people that lived out their faith like my father-in-law and there are no better verses to describe the Godly character of Albert than Galatians 5: 22-23.

But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. -            Galatians 5: 22-23  

Albert was such a kind and gentle man.  He welcomed everyone without condemnation and smiled upon all of us.  He shared in our joys and lamented in our sorrows. He was faithful to his God through so many trials and tribulations; all of which strengthened his character to truly reflect Christ's glory.  He had peace in his heart and he knew that it was well with his soul.  The Spirit was truly at work in his life.

The love and joy he overflowed with when he was with his family, especially the grandchildren, would make any heart melt; that twinkle in his eyes, that beautiful, addictive smile and the jokes.  You'd have to be on your toes around him or those sly jokes would go right over your head.  The number of charities that Albert supported would truly make you rethink the generosity of your own hands.  Even while bedridden in the hospital, he made sure that his church offerings were up to date.  One of the most enduring things about Albert was that he always started and ended his meals with a prayer.  I loved how he read scripture out loud to his children and grandchildren.

I love my father-in-law deeply. I know that there is both sorrow and rejoicing to be found as we move through this difficult time in our lives.  Albert always wanted to know "what is best" and I think that now he truly has found it.  He has been called home... the best home... a place where he is reunited with his beloved wife, a place where he can feel no pain, a place where he can be in the presence of God.

I offer up this verse to all of you who are grieving right now.  Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. - James 4:8  Find peace in His presence and comfort in His arms.

..................................................................................................................................



Whom have I in heaven but you?  I desire you more than anything on earth.  My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. - Psalm 73: 25-26


I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life.  They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.  - John 5:24



God blesses the people who patiently endure testing.  Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.  - James 1:12







No comments:

Post a Comment